This Poster Competition is organized at the conference, to encourage students, recent graduates and Postdocs to present their original research to an international audience from the agri-food industry. All accepted abstracts will be presented at the poster session during the conference. The organization aims at setting a platform for all the scientists and researchers to present their work and share their views and aspects related to the topics of the conference.
Instructions & Guidelines for Poster Presentation
- This competition is open to all students (Graduates, Post Graduates and Research Scholars not bove the age of 30).
- The abstract submission deadline for poster competition will be closed 3 weeks before the conference date, hence all are requested to submit their abstracts well in advance.
- The abstract should include complete details of the contestant (e.g., abstract title, name, affiliation, abstract and biography etc).
- Abstracts have to be submitted by email. Shortlisted abstracts for the competition will be intimated through email and those will be mentioned on the conference website as well.
- If the registered author/poster presenter is unable to attend the conference he/she may send a substitute who can be a co-author (or) any member from the same institution. If the winner is a substitute, he/she will be awarded and not the registered author/contestant.
- All shortlisted poster presenters have to be registered to the conference before the deadline of abstract submission.
- The judgment will be done by Board of Jury.
- When the competition is being conducted, each participant should be ready in front of his/her poster to answer all questions from the judges.
- The judges will come to your poster during poster presentations. The presentation schedule will be informed to you once the program is finalized.
- You will be given about 5-7 minutes to present your poster including questions and answers. Judges may pose questions during the evaluation of the poster.
- There may be more than one judge to evaluate the posters.
- The winners will be announced at the closing ceremony of the conference. The decision of the winner will be withdrawn if the winner/winners is/are not present at the time of announcement.
- Apart from the judging time you may also be present at the poster to share your research with interested delegates.
- The judge’s decision will be final and no clarification will be given.
Abstracts may describe work that has been or will be submitted at other meetings. There is a special discount fee for PhD´s and Postdocs of EUR 747,50 for this unique opportunity (2-day conference pass including 1 conference dinner, lunches and reception) ; however, there is a limited number of spaces available. Submitted abstracts will be compiled and distributed to attendees.
Posters cannot be larger than 33.1" width and 46.8" high (A0 size). The abstract itself should be in a Word format. They should be sent to email@example.com in a .doc or .docx format with the subject line "Poster Session Abstract".